Thursday, October 21, 2004

Meat to Chew On

"... rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be OVERJOYED when his glory is revealed... If you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name." 1 Peter 4:13-16

"Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth" 1 John 3:18

"Now if we are children, we are heirs- heirs of God and coheirs with Christ-if indeed we share in his sufferings that we may also share in his glory" Revelation 8:17

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,"
Phillippians 3:10 (this chapter is bewildering.. I want to be able to say the world is rubbish to me, I have given up all things for Him. I want to have 3:10 be my life anthem)

"But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.
1 Peter 2:20


2 comments:

Brooke said...

Phyllis, my dear, you are fabulous. So lately I've been feeling a real need for a Rib's Study revival. Seriously. What do you think?

Unknown said...

Its up to y'all. I would love to.. and if you guys want to dive into an actual study we can. I have some topics I wouldnt mind studying. But it will take y'all finding a time to do it. I dont know yer schedules. But I am adaptable. So feel free to step up and figure that part out. maybe something like sundaysbefore or after sullvans, or an afternoon during the week. I dont care. Let me know