Friday, July 07, 2006

Not as much crack as I thought..

So the bank stuff worked out.. and God has my back on that. I went to the atm to deposit some checks and cash, and didnt have my atm card.. cuz megan was in the process of being lovely and buying me some Jasons Deli.. yummmmmm.... so I went through the teller thing or whatever and sent the envelope.. I had forgotten to put the cash in the envelope.. umm. thanks for catching my idiocies God.. youre a pal.. I wouldve had to wait like a week before they caught it, told me and then I could go fix it.. that wouldve been bad cuz my rent check should be cashed like TODAY.. and I would be legitimately overdrawn.. sad..But praise be to God I didnt have my atm card and had to talk to real people.. maybe I should just start doing that more often...

On that note.. I really have found myself finding excuses to avoid human contact.. for instance:

ATM, Drive thrus, email vs phone calls, and the like. Part of me blames American culture.. the other part of me knows the truth is my sinful self d0esnt want to have to put up with people. When I say put up with I mean be given the beautiful opportunity of showing stressed out people that God loves them through smiles, courtesy, humor, and joy of life. A fat tip is a big deal in places like restaurants. Even at THird rock I covet the extra change. It means I get to eat lunch every once in awhile. So my point is I think I am going to start parking, walking into restaurants and blinding everyone with the light of Jesus.. bwa ha ha!!! nah but seriously, customers that make it a point to brighten your day do more for the spirit than a check ever could.. So be good patrons! Dont avoid human contact! and Blind the Hell out of people! Literally!

No comments: