Monday, March 17, 2008

I like today.

It has been a few weeks.. but I can officially say that today was a good day. I don't know what it was about it exactly. I slept in, read some jodi picoult for class.. which it is actually turning out to be a book I am enjoying. She is a pretty great writer. I am impressed. My dorky side ordered a bunch of Anne McCaffrey books for my mom and I on half.com. She got me hooked on this sci fi series and it has sort of become my escape. I have read this trilogy a thousand times I swear but I still love it. Can you detect my evasiveness in owning up to the actual series? It is pretty startrek of me. hahah.

I played a bit of guitar.. as proved in the previous post. I get so frustrated because I just cant for the life of me get a few chords that are integral in a lot of the songs I want to play. I can play all the chords in as the deer (using Em for B cuz that one kills me) but the chord changes are super rough and I don't even know if I have the timing right.. I am not even to the point of strumming yet.. arg. Either way it was nice to be doing music again. I have some lyrics floating around in my head Id like to play around with. Maybe I can find some people this summer who want to do some musicky things.

I had some great convos last night with people I miss dearly. Namely: Phil, Lydia, and Daniel.

Phil: I cannot wait for this summer and to get to chill with you again. I miss our days of mac and cheese and salsa, yucking it up, and whatever the hell else we did. what was that?

Lydia: Glad to hear you are doing well and thanks for listening to me rant about everything with youth group and stuff. I hope I get to see you in the near future. Maybe if I make it out to texas this summer I'll swing by. haha.. I hope so!

Daniel: Oh man. Convos last night were a big encouragement. I am pumped for you to come on the Mexico trip and everything else going on with you. I am glad you feel purpose in your life despite not having any long term plans. Thanks for always being such a good friend despite my completely forsaking you for a year :p Cuidate y dios te bendiga!

No comments: